Medical Profession Licensing Requirements in Yukon
All physicians wishing to practice medicine in Yukon must have the following:
- licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada, and
- hold either a certificate of fellowship from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (or a specialty certification issued by the Collège des médecins du Québec on or after October 16, 2007) or
- the College of Family Physicians of Canada (or a family medicine certificate issued by the Collège des médecins du Québec on or after October 16, 2007)
- hold a current full licence in another Province or Territory of Canada that is a party to the Agreement on Internal Trade.
Candidates who wish to apply for a full and unrestricted licence to practice medicine in Yukon for the first time should visit physiciansapply.ca.
The following applicants should continue to use YMC's paper-based forms:
- Physicians currently licensed to practice in Yukon and wanting to renew their licence
- Medical post-graduates
- Medical students
- Professional Corporations
Please note: The average time to process an application is 4 weeks, please allow sufficient time to process your application.
Yukon Medical Council - www.yukonmedicalcouncil.ca