Medical professional corporations
If you are practicing medicine through a corporation, your corporation must be registered with Yukon Corporate Affairs as well as Yukon Medical Council.
Register your professional corporation
Step 1: Confirm your eligibility (YMC)
- Complete the Pre-registration confirmation of eligibility form.
- Email it to
- We’ll review it to determine if you are eligible for a professional corporation permit. This includes confirming that you are a licensed physician in the Yukon.
- Once we have confirmed your eligibility, we’ll inform Corporate Affairs.
Step 2: Incorporate your business (Corporate Affairs)
- Complete the incorporation process through Corporate Affairs.
- Once your business is registered, send a copy of your registration documents to us at
Step 3: Apply for a professional corporation permit (YMC)
Complete a Registration and permit application form and email it to
- We’ll review your application and contact you later to process payment and issue your permit.
- Your professional corporation permit will be valid until December 31.
Renew your professional corporation permit
All YMC professional corporation permits expire every year on December 31. You must apply to renew your permit by December 1 to guarantee processing before your current permit expires. We will send you a reminder in November.
Please note this is a separate process from your required annual filings with Corporate Affairs.
How to renew
Ensure your professional corporation is in good standing with Corporate Affairs. Check the status of your corporation.
- Complete and send the following forms to YMC by December 1:
- We will review your application and contact you in December to process payment and issue your new permit.
Late permit renewals
- Payments processed after December 31 will result in an automatic $200 penalty.
- There is grace period of 90 days (until March 31) during which you can still apply to renew your permit. If you don’t renew your permit by March 31, we will apply an automatic suspension and close the file.