Renew a medical licence
All Yukon medical licences expire every year on March 31. You must apply to renew your licence by March 1 to guarantee processing before your current licence expires. We’ll send you a reminder in February.
How to renew
- Submit your online renewal starting February 1 and no later than March 1:
a. Login to your online profile and go to the licensing tab.
b. Submit the renewal application.
- If approved we will email you confirmation of approval and you can pay your fee online. Once your payment has been processed your licence will be released.
Late licence renewals
If your licence is not renewed by March 31, you will be suspended from practice and charged a $200 penalty. This may be reflected on your certificate of standing.
If you do not wish to renew your licence
If you do not wish to renew your Yukon medical licence, you must formally strike it off before your license expires.
To complete a voluntary strike off:
- Login to your online profile and go to “Request a licence change”.
- Choose “Request a change to or cancel your licence”.
- From the dropdown select “Voluntary strike off”.
- Complete the form.
- Once the request has been processed you will receive an email confirmation.
Failure to do so may be reflected on your certificate of standing and result in a suspension and $200 penalty.